Friday, January 18, 2013

[Modern Maths] F5 Chapter 1 : Number Bases (Part 3)

Continue from Part 2.

So, first, it's important to start from the right side, separate them to 3 digits one set. What does that means?

See, those separation lines! And then the answer come out should be taken from this list which I posted before.


So, the answer is 332 base 8.

Now, let's talk about addition and subtraction of base 2, 5 and 8 numbers. Remember, only the same base number can do so, other than that, you should convert one of the number to the same base of another number.

e.g: 

(a) Addition and subtraction of base 2 numbers.


This is only solving base 2 numbers manually, you can also try using calculator to solve base 2 addition and subtraction.

(b) Addition and subtraction of base 8 numbers.





This video I made it on my own.. I hope that there isn't any mistake but if there is, please point it out. I'm still learning and my words a bit mess, hope you don't mind.

(c) Addition and subtraction of base 5 numbers.





This time, all of the examples (except for the video one) I get from the Internet, because I found the explanation is much more easier to understand so I decided to share it out.


Anyway, if there is still problems stuck in your head, just share with us or leave us a comment = )




No comments:

Post a Comment